Monday 28 March 2011

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday morning, on a beautiful early autumn day and I’m just about to start my day's work. I'm writing a home accounts software package mainly for the practice, but also because we need one. Have you ever wondered were your money went at the end of the month? I do, and as I don't like questions, I’m writing this.  It’s looking pretty good so far, and I’ve come up with some good ideas.  Talking about software packages, I’m still smarting a little bit about not being given the job of writing the management package for the school.  This is a thread that you’ll hear more of, so I won’t belabour the point here, just a small warning that I did give to the IT people before they went the proprietary software way.  Any software that is not part of MS and gets too popular either gets taken over by MS (the good way), or gets sidelined by MS (the bad way). If you want to know how the bad way works, remember Netscape?

No comments:

Post a Comment