Tuesday 29 March 2011

Wednesday - Long afternoon

Still writing that household accounts software.  I’m glad I’m not getting paid for this, as every hour or so, I change my mind, and try another way of doing things.  That’s the beauty of writing for yourself though, and that’s how most programming constructs are learnt.  I've found it’s no good if you just read about a construct, you have to use it the real world for its function to really sink in.  There’s nothing like working in a real production environment though, I really do miss that.   It’s great to be able to bounce ideas of people who are at least on the same thought plane as yourself is also a fantastic way of learning things.

Incidentally, I notice that the school is still offering the Legion as one of its activities.  I wonder who’s running that?

No comments:

Post a Comment